Saturday, March 30, 2013

Day Three - Arrival

I've been blogging in my personal blog during my vacation, but since it takes place in Costa Rica, I think I'll switch over here. You can read about our journey to our destination here and here.

**

Lisa and Mark picked us up in Palmar Norte, which is the closest town to Osa Mountain Village. We stopped at the BM, a brand new grocery store, to pick up a few things to snack on in the villa, and then trekked up in 4WDLow to the eco-resort.

We stopped on the way at Mitch and Charlene's place to deliver some groceries to them. and got a spontaneous tour of their amazing home. Ali and I want to use containers in our place, too.

(Dave, Mitch, Mark -- in the reflection, Lisa and Flaka The Dog, Charlene, and Ali)



The lot I have for sale at Osa Mountain Village is the one right above Mitch and Charlene's, so the view is the same. Breathtaking.

After checking in to our villa, and unpacking, we met a handful more people that lived there (or owned and were visiting, like us), and went down for a community dinner.

Two days a week, the restaurant in the community center serves a community dinner where everyone sits down and has a family style dinner; two days a week it's ordering off the menu; and two days a week it's closed.

The bar is open every day. Of course.

After dinner we went "home" and watched a downloaded episode of Downton Abbey. I bought it from iTunes for $2.99. Netflix doesn't work here. First bummer.

Bedtime comes fairly early here (mostly because the sun sets at 5:30 pm every night), and once it's dark, it sort of feels like you should be in bed.

Plus, the next day (which happened to be my birthday) was slated for: yoga in the community center, a eco tour of the gardens, a waterfall hike, and dinner with Lisa and Mark. Very full. So I didn't mind hitting the sack.





No comments:

Post a Comment