Friday, April 12, 2013

Finally! Seeds.

I got a surprise day off from work yesterday. Which is great for house projects, but sucky for the bank accounts. Nevertheless, I went to BiMart for new pants for my son ('cuz he keeps growing) and found their seedling annuals section in the freaking parking lot where you can't avoid buying them. Thank goodness some of them were only 69 cents, or $2.88.

I bought about a dozen small flowering plants and planted them in my front yard's window planter box, a big terra cotta pot, and a giant stainless steel kitchen bowl that I used to use for popcorn. I am hoping that my front porch area now looks nice enough to make up for the grossly under-mown lawn. (My lawn mower's broken and my landlord took pity on me and ordered a lawn service to come out on Monday to start cleaning up. It's a multi-day job, folks!)

ALSO, I'm happy to announce that I've finally planted my tomato, peppers, and basil seeds.



We'll see if these actually grow now. It's more experiment than anything. Because, well, they are ancient, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment