Thursday, June 6, 2013

A Costa Rican Vacation Wrap-Up

The one day it rained while we were there was the day we went to the beach. Of course. But the cool thing about rain forests near the equator is that when it rains, it's still 80 degrees outside.

Beach at Dominical

rain forest right up on the beach

My love reading on the beach

Just before the rains came...


After the beach, we walked up the hill (and when I say hill, I mean gargantuan mountain like thing) to the Osa Mountain Animal Sanctuary. We met the owner and he gave us a little tour and introduced us to some of the tenants. Mike wasn't officially open yet, so we gave him a donation instead of an admission fee.
This is Bubba. He can't be released into the wild, so he's been Mike's pet for something like eight years. Bubba bites his paw when he's content and happy.

baby parrots

spider monkey

This is Sophie.



a VERY young parrot

Then we went back to my Osa Mountain Village lot and took another photo. This is the last lot that has ocean views. I'm really hoping it will sell soon so I can finalize my Serenity Gardens lot.





On one of our last days in Costa Rica, Ali took the threaded bracelet he'd been given in India (at a temple), and went to release it in water, as per the custom in India. We took a short hike behind some villas and found a suitable place. We brought along a doggie friend.




On the night before we left, we attended the Easter celebration at the community center. We dressed up a wee bit -- neither of us being Christian, but still wanting to join in on the pig roast festivities.



We watched the sunset at the pool.

Had a drink.

And then stuffed ourselves.

Everything was delicious. And. I'm sorry to say ... that the dish on the end there, is Charlotte. (From a previous post.)
This was a first for both Ali and myself -- meeting and petting the animal we'd eat the next day.

The evening capped off with some fire dancing, courtesy of Eric and Brando.






On Monday morning, I taught the community yoga class one more time, then Lisa and Mark drove us to Palmar Norte's bus station for the first leg back of our trip.

Me and the luggage, waiting for the bus to San Jose.

My cutie at the San Jose airport.
The first time we'd worn jeans in ten days.


Unfortunately, I don't know when we'll be going back to CR. We'll most likely travel to India next (A LONG TIME DREAM OF MINE), and quite possibly to Turkey after that. And then back to Costa Rica. I also really want the land at OMV to sell pronto, so that I can finalize the sale of our Serenity Gardens lot. Once that is done, then we can put a yurt on it, and stay on the land. 

I'm looking forward to the time when we can travel to CR and not pay lodging.

Maybe in two years, I reckon.



1 comment:

  1. This is sounds fantastic…it is exactly the type of trip I am looking forward to taking some day. If I were to go to Costa Rica I would like to look into a Costa Rica condominium so I could stay for a longer length of time and not have to worry about living in a hotel.

    ReplyDelete