Sunday, February 3, 2013

Dreaming of House Designs



Look at how much space a thousand square feet can give you!

I particularly like this video because my boyfriend is an artist and avid collector of art. He's got his art, and I have my books. Culling those collections down to move to Costa Rica will be uber-difficult. If not impossible. The house in the video shows how much art can actually fit in a house this size. I'm inspired. I still think we could get by with less though, personally.

At this point, the plan is to put a yurt on the land (with hydro and solar electric) and plumbing (off the grid, of course), and vacation in the yurt until my boyfriend and I make the full time move down there. Once there, we'll live in the yurt while our house is being built. Something smaller than is depicted in the video. Like 700 square feet, maybe even less. (I'm really inspired by the Tiny House movement.)

With the mild and warm climate up on the mountain, we'll be doing a lot of living outside anyway. I see a large covered, open-aired, courtyard area for being outside even in the rainy season. For dancing, yoga, partying, reading in the fresh air, and dining.

Pura Vida. I can smell the soil even now.

After the move into the house happens, the yurt will still be used frequently. If we have a small house, I can see sometimes when one of us will want a space to get away to. Maybe the yurt can become a yoga/meditation room. Or an office (both of us will be freelancing for part of our income). And it would make a GREAT guest home for friends and family that visit us.

I'm so happy that my boyfriend and I have these similar dreams. That separately we've come together with bucket lists that included yurts and intentional living and sustainability. And dogs.









No comments:

Post a Comment